10 Things I Hate About You provides endless fodder for post titles, just in case you were curious.
Actually, I WISH I was just whelmed because I’m completely overwhelmed. In my line of work (wool and boots), fall is most definitely our busy season and everyone wants a piece of the pie. I’m supposed to be in 12 places at once, clinic 40 million people, be ready for eleventy billion grand openings, and work at least one weekend day every week. Or so it seems (except for the weekend part, my calendar is making that one pretty clear cut). But truthfully, I’m straight up busy. Lots of travel, not a lot of room to breathe. It’s pretty much an all out sprint until Thanksgiving, and then things slow WAY down and besides an occasional day working the floor or a sales meeting I can finally take a moment to relax. Good thing that is 3 months from now…
I feel bad for complaining, because lets get real, I have a sweet job (remember how I got paid to hang out with cool people and go white water rafting last week?), but I will be a traveling fool for the next few months, which doesn’t make me a happy panda. SO, I’m going to take a cue from my friend Heather, and think about some things “to enjoy.” So here is my To Enjoy list for the next few months.
- REALLY looking forward to the two precious long weekend trips we have planned! One to Southwestern VA (where Boots is from) and one to Kansas. So stoked to go home for a couple of days!
- knowing what I’m doing when it comes to my job. I remember this time last year when I was just starting and having NO CLUE what was going on. It’s nice to feel helpful, isn’t it?
- Fall weather. Not that I’ve been counting down the days or anything…
- Speaking of weather, the fact that I’ve almost been in Philly for a full year! Can you believe that?!
- Seeing fall all over the Mid Atlantic. It’s truly my favorite time of year. I promise I’ll stop talking about it now.
- Getting more Hilton points to take more vacations when we are in a slower swing. Sounds crazy, but it’s true.
- Podcasts/books on tape. More time in the car = more time with all of my favorite car buddies. I’m always taking suggestions for great new podcasts to add to my list!
- Enjoying the time I have at home with Boots and my Philly friends to the fullest. It’s easy to be a slug on the days when I’m home because it’s “go go go” on the road all the time, but I want to make sure I’m enjoying my city and my man the best I can when we are all together.
There, this fall seems less scary already…
Time to finish up some work and then sneak in an evening workout with some prime time television! Night friends!