My high school choir teacher used to always tell us to do “whatever made our little hearts dance.” Now, at the time I thought this was supremely cheesy. Now I find myself using it all the time. So, here are some things that are making my heart dance these days. (Click on pictures for all links!)
- long underwear. I know this sounds ridiculous, but this time of year I pretty much live in mine. As I type this I am wearing long underwear under my pajamas (gotta love working from home). Bonus points if yours are cute.
- my personal trainer. I promise to write more about this one of these days, but Phil is my new favorite person. Did I mention he’s a runner training for the Olympics? Yeah, he’s kind of awesome. I’m already noticing a big difference in my body, plus, I actually can lift things heavier than a feather now.
- trashy tv. Always and forever. Poor Colin is such a trooper. I can’t even tell you the kind of deals I had to strike to get him to agree on watching the Bachelor with me.
- secrets. I’ve got some I can’t wait to spill! (Secrets secrets are no fun, I know. Sorry friends).
- neck gaiters. Colin’s sister got this for me for Christmas and I LOVE it. Mine is a beautiful green color and I have been wearing it constantly.
- these boots. Now, a few months ago I “accidentally” bought two pairs of these boots (the above color and a dark purple. yay for employee discounts). I wear them ALL. THE. TIME. They’re leather and WATERPROOF. And super comfortable. I wear them all over Philly and we walk a lot, so that’s saying something. Extra bonus? They are half off right now (and an extra 20% off the sale price). So you should probably buy a pair.
What’s making your heart dance these days? Make it a great one my friends!